- Patton: How's life? What's up? My thoughts exactly, where to begin.
- Roddy: Fuckin' Merriweather Post!
- Patton: Jesus! I thought this was just a record by Animal Collective man. It's a place, who knew?
- Roddy: Happy to be here, thanks.
- Patton: OK, let's pretend that we're at a, I don't know, a Rihanna show, and I'll twerk
Before Sunny Side Up:
- Patton: Cheers. OK, why don't we fast-forward, I don't know, third years? Is that ok? No, fuck that shit dude. Fuckin' Freebird!
Before Midlife Crisis:
- Roddy: Thank you ladies and gentlemen. Thanks for being here tonight, everybody good?
- Patton: How's the, how's the, how's that shit back on the lawn there.
- Roddy: Look at those people on that lawn.
- Patton: You guys camping out. I swear this town reminds me, I just, makes me wanna go camping. Right?
- Roddy: Fuck in the grass.
- Patton: You guys got it fucking good here. You know that right. How many of you actually live here. Anybody live here? Hey! OK. So it's not where yuppies go to like... OK I'll stop.
- Patton: Thank you! Oh oh, band argument. Who do you guys think should start the song? Any opinions. Raise your hand if you think the bass player should start the song. Or, as a normal band would do it, the drummer. The correct answer, ladies and gentlemen, is A, the bass player.
Before Ashes To Ashes:
- Roddy: Thank you Merriweather.
- Patton: Merri-fuckin'-weather right?
- Roddy: That felt fucking solid. You guys doing ok? Are we making a connection here? I'm feeling it, but I don't want to be one sided.
Patton: You know who I would ask, I've got a guy in mind, I've been eyeballing him all night. See the guy in the blue shirt, standing up, big tall guy? Look at what's in front of him. What's your name boy? What's your name.
* kid in crowd in red Faith No More shirt waves, "Vincent" *
- Patton: What's up Vincent. You like to party? I'm gonna stop right there, thanks for coming gnomes.
Patton chants "Vincent, Vincent" in the Ashes To Ashes verses
- Roddy: Ladies and gentlemen what a wonderful evening. Such a beautiful venue, just a nice night. I'm glad we got to spend it with you, thanks for being here. With that we're gonna leave.
- Patton: And also say thanks to Refused.
- Roddy: Very much so.
Before Rise Of The Fall:
- Roddy: Merriweather Post!
- Patton: MPP as I like to call it rather, MPP I believe.
- Roddy: For some reason, for whatever reason we're trying a lot of different things tonight with out set. Just putting it out there, we try some really good stuff. Felt right on, thanks for being here with us for it.
- Patton: Thank you
- Roddy: We're gonna play a song, I don't know if we ever played it. We play it.... once?
- Patton: Yeah, I think we played it once.
- Roddy: We didn't play it well.
- Patton: Let's just say we've never played it before. We just wrote it today! No, it's on our new record, it's called 'Rise of the Fall'. Enjoy it.
- Roddy: Tonight we're gonna fuckin' nail it.