Chuck Mosley met fans out front of the venue before the gig.
During Evidence Patton chants "Detroit... basketball... Detroit... basketball..." - made famous by John Mason.
- Patton: Detroit! Basketball! Not this year...
- Patton: Come on now. It's all good. Relax. We'll get through this night.
- * during last solo * - "Detroit, basketball, Detroit, basketball"
Before Sunny Side Up:
- Roddy: Thank you ladies and gentlemen
- Patton: Thank you guys, everything ok? I got one question to ask. Why are you not at Hall and Oates?
- Roddy: It's a valid question.
- Patton: I would be. If you had to choose. If you had to choose. What would you do, Roddy, what would you do?
- Roddy: I don't know, it's more like, yeah...
- Patton: Come on Maneater.
- Roddy: You right here, you choosing here, over Maneater? Right down the block? What the fuck?! Maybe we're older, we just don't see it.
- Patton: Which we are
After Surprise! You're Dead!:
- Roddy: Woo! Rambunctious Detroit.
- Patton: They are right?
- Roddy: You guys got a lot of energy.
Midlife Crisis pauses, crowd sings:
- Patton: Nice college try. You guys know... you guys know something? Hall and Oates are playing next door. Ok? No no no no, we're kinda fuckin' into that shit see.
- Roddy: Chaz, I'm speaking to you. Chaz, I'm speaking to you. Yes. yes.
- * the lights drop *
- Patton: You feel tough now? Huh?
- Roddy: Nice job Detroit
- Patton: OK guys...
- Roddy: Anybody out there have our very first record that we put out.
- Patton: Good question.
- Roddy: Yeah. It's a old record, it was with a different singer. It was before Mike was even born.
- Patton: It's a great record.
- Roddy: Long, looong time ago. And this is a song from that record. This is what you call foreshadowing.
- Patton: Alright, any hippies in the crowd? Hands up, hands up. Ok, here... what we're doing is we're chanting right now ok? Pretend like you're at your yoga class, or whatever the hell you do. Chant motherfuckers, chant.
- Patton: Thank you Detroit.
- Roddy: God damn! You people are something else. Thanks for having us guys. Truly.
- Patton: Detroit's coming back right? Seems like it. Right on right on.
- Roddy: This is another new song, thanks.
Before Sol Invictus:
- Roddy: Thanks you guys so much
- Bill: You guys are a great crowd tonight I have to say
- Patton: Si señor
- Roddy: We have a record coming out in just like ah, a couple of days
- Patton: When's it out?
- Roddy: This is the first song song off that record, and the record is called this song. Not "this song", it's called Sol Invictus. It starts like this?
- Patton: When's it out Roddy, can you tell them when it's out.
- Roddy: What's it about?
- Patton: I don't... no, when it's out.
- Roddy: When is the record out?
- Patton: I don't fucking know. I should know.
- Roddy: The 15th?
- Patton: Tuesday? Tuesday. Yeah.
- Roddy: Tuesday. It's real cheesy, but I'm excited. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
- Patton: Everybody downloaded everything anyway man who cares.
After Sol Invicutus:
- Patton: How you like them apples?
Before Mark Bowen:
- Patton: Thank you very much. We got a special guest right now! Chuck Mosley! Take it away.
- Chuck: You know I just realised I put the pants on backwards. Fuck it. Thanks for having me. Thank you Detroit. Thank you Faith No More. Thanks Jon. Mike. Billy. Roddy. Ji.... oh right. What's up!? That's what I thought. Alright. Yeah I'm ready.
After Mark Bowen:
- Chuck: Sorry about that. Thanks guys. I got a little nervous.
- Roddy: Thanks you guys. Thanks Chuck.
- Chuck: Thank you.
Before From The Dead:
- Patton: Peace brothers. Hippy rattlesnake. Actually we should explain this. This is a new song. So, feel free to hate it.
After From The Dead:
- Patton: Thanks a lot guys. Appreciate you. Thanks to the Butcherettes. Thanks to Chuck Mosley. Big kisses. Ciao ciao! Thanks to Hall and Oates too by the way. Mwah.