In Evidence intro:
- Patton: We've got a lot of catching up to do. Let's start like this.
During Last Cup Of Sorrow before last chorus:
- Patton: Who farted?
During Midlife Crisis they pause and let the crowd sing. Patton squats and listens to the crowd, silently for more than two minutes, he shushs the crowd, before they start the song again. Total of nearly 4 minutes pause.
Before Just A Man:
- Patton: Oi yeah. Auckland... you guys are fucking out of your mind. I'm not sure if I mean that in a good way. Joke joke joke... No, I mean you're out of your mind for coming to see us after like, I don't know, fifteen years? What is it guys? Doesn't anybody know the real math here?
Over the long extended ending of Just A Man:
- Patton: Is Tom Jones in the house? Is Tom Jones in the house? Please come the stage. Is Tom Jones in the house, please come to the stage? I need your motherfuckin' hand! I need your expertise. Tom motherfuckin' Jones. U heard he was here... ??? Is he out there? Is he out there? Has anybody seen him? Do you see him? Have you seen him? Have you seen him? Have you seen him? Has anybody seen Tom Jones? Tom Jones! Tom Jones! Tom Jones! Tom Jones! Tom Jones!
- * Patton encourages the crowd to chant "Tom Jones" *
- Patton: I guess he ain't here. Do you guys care? Stop yelling for him and listen. Do you realise the set is about to end in like, I don't know, eight seconds? If you want to yell then fucking yell.
After Just A Man:
- Patton: Auckland! Thank you for your patience.
On returning for encore the band apparently played Malpractice until the quiet interlude, then started playing Don't Dream It's Over, before leaving the stage again. Witnesses suggest Puffy was hit in the head with a water bottle.
- Roddy: Don't dream it's over Auckland
- Patton: Don't dream it's over. Thank you for coming, ciao!
On return for second encore they play Don't Dream It's Over again:
- Patton: You like it now? You want one more? You want one more? You like it that much?
During third play of Don't Dream:
- Patton: You fuckin' asked for it, what are you looking at me for? I don't make the requests around here...
After Don't Dream It's Over:
- Patton: OK is that it? You want fucking more? We're in a fuckin' arena. There's a lot of people here. Who wants to hear Crowded House?!
- Crowd: boooo, noooo
- Patton: We just trying to please you guys... hey hey hey hey *points at person on crowd* - Hey angry boy. Fag roll. Shut the fuck up. How about you shut up, how about that? How about you, shut up. No no no skin head, fuck you. Do you have ears, bald boy? Shut the fuck up. You shaved your head you should have ears, bitch. Ok, now that we got that out of the equation, what do you guys want to hear? Ballads? Heavy stuff, what is it? We're now the cover band in Auckland, ok? We're your neighbourhood fucking bar band, what do you want? What do you want?! This is what you want (*throws tie into audience*). Ok boys, knock it off.
After Digging The Grave:
- Patton: Thank you so much. Very nice seeing you, drive carefully. Next time, if there is one. Mwah!